High School Workout 1
1. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and knees slightly bent. Arms should be at sides and bent up to 90°.
2. Hop continuously on both feet using only the ankles to project body up.
3. Remember to extend the ankles to their maximum range on each hop to ensure proper mechanics (or full plantar flexion).
This exercise is used as sort of like an aerobic warmup
1. Start by lying on your side and raising both legs slightly off the ground.
2. Proceed to kick your legs in opposite directions in a scissor type motion.
3. Repeat according to the required repetitions and then switch sides.
1) Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, trunk flexed forward slightly with back straight in a neutral position.
2) Arms should be in the “ready” position with elbows flexed at approximately 90°.
3) Lower body where thighs are parallel to ground.
4) Explode vertically and drive arms up.
5) Land on both feet and repeat.
6) Prior to takeoff extend the ankles to their maximum range (full plantar flexion) to ensure proper mechanics.
1. Lie on your side and lean up on your elbow. Place your top foot over your lower thigh.
2. Maintaining this position and raise your lower leg keeping it straight.
3. Repeat for the required number of repetitions and then repeat with the other leg.
Alternating Split Squat Jump
1) Stand with feet hip width apart. Take left leg and step back approximately 2 feet standing on the ball of back foot.
2) Feet should be positioned at a staggered stance with head and back erect and straight in a neutral position. Place hands on waist.
3) Lower body by bending at right hip and knee until thigh is parallel to floor then immediately explode vertically.
4) Switch feet in the air so that the back foot lands forward and vice versa.
5) Prior to takeoff extend the ankles to their maximum range (full plantar flexion) ensure proper mechanics.
1. Place ball against the wall and your lower back.
2. Proceed into a squated position so that your thighs are parallel to the ground.
3. Hold this position for the required number of seconds.
4. Remember to keep your feet flat on the floor and your knees behind your toes.