Vertical Jump Workout 13
Complete in straight sets with 2 minutes rest in between sets.
Depth Jump with Barrier
1. Stand on box with toes close to edge and facing the hoop (or high object i.e. top of volleyball net or soccer crossbar).
2. Step off (not jump off) box and land on both feet. Immediately jump up and over object. The object can be of various height.
4. Ground contact time should be short and landings should be soft.
Box Step with Dumbbell & Knee Drive
1. Stand behind box and place one foot on top of box, heel close to the closest edge. Hold a dumbbell in each hand.
2. Push off the box and explode vertically and drive your other knee up towards your chest. Complete the prescribed number of reps.
Repeat with other leg and continue according to prescribed number of repetitions
Front Squat to Push Press (barbell)
1. Grasp bar with overhand grip (palms forward) and slightly wider than hip width apart. Step under bar and position bar across anterior part of shoulder. Lift elbows up, pull shoulder blades together, and lift chest up to create a “shelf” for the bar.
2. Start position: Using the legs, remove bar from rack. Stand with feet slighter wider than hip width apart. Back should be straight in a neutral position.
3. Lower body by flexing at the hips and knees. Upper body can flex forward at the hips slightly (~5°) during movement. Be sure to “sit back” so that knees stay over the feet.
4. Once thighs are parallel to floor, explosively return to the upright position and immediately shoulder press the barbell overhead.
5. Return to the starting position and repeat.
Remember to keep head and back straight in a neutral position – hyperextension or flexion may cause injury. Keep weight over the middle of foot and heel, not the toes.
Bent Knee Good Morning (Smith)
1) Stand with feet hip width apart with knees slightly bent (at 20°).
2) Start position: Grasp bar with overhand grip hip width apart. Back should be straight in a neutral position.
3) Bending at the hips, lower bar to approximately knee height. Keep knees bent at 20° throughout movement.
4) Return to start position.
5) Remember to keep back straight – movement should occur at the hip. To facilitate this, shift glutes back as if ready to sit down. Knees should not move forward beyond the toes. Keep abdominals tight throughout exercise by drawing stomach in toward spine.
Horizontal Calf Raise
1. Sit in the machine and place the balls of your feet on the foot plate.
2. Keeping your legs straight extend the balls of your feet and toes out away from you.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat.