- Chapter 1. Cycling Technology
- Chapter 2. Running Technology
- Chapter 3. Swimming Technology
- Chapter 4. Assessing Triathlon Fitness
- Chapter 5. Planning the Training Year
- Chapter 6. Training Analysis Software
- Chapter 7. Stress-Based Periodization
- Chapter 8. Transition and Preparation Phases
- Chapter 9. Base Phase
- Chapter 10. Build Phase
- Chapter 11. Tapering and Peaking
- Chapter 12. Prerace Preparations
- Chapter 13. In-Race Monitoring
- Chapter 14. Postrace Analysis
- Chapter 15. Postseason Analysis
is a former elite triathlete and currently an international triathlon, running, and cycling elite coach with TrainingBible Coaching. After a college career as a cross country and track athlete at the University of Nebraska, where he earned his degree in physical and health education, Vance turned to triathlon and trained at the Olympic Training Center. Later he moved to Ironman racing where he had many top finishes, including a third-place finish at Ironman Florida with a personal best time of 8:37:09.
Vance is the founder and head coach of the nonprofit organization Formula Endurance, the nation’s first USA Swimming and USA Triathlon high-performance team that develops elite youth and junior triathletes for Olympic-style racing, based in San Diego, California. Formula Endurance is annually named one of the top development programs in the United States.
With Joe Friel, Vance coedited and contributed to Triathlon Science (Human Kinetics, 2013), a book that focuses on science and research in the sport.