The book introduces evidence-based best practice in all the core areas of sports injury risk management and rehabilitation, including
- performance frameworks for medical and injury screening
- the science of pain and the psychology of injury and rehabilitation
- developing core stability and flexibility
- performance retraining of muscle, tendon and bone injuries
- recovery from training and rehabilitation
- end-stage rehabilitation, testing and training for a return to performance.
Every chapter offers a masterclass from a range of elite sport professionals, containing best practice protocols, procedures and specimen programmes designed for high performance. No other book examines rehabilitation in such detail from a high performance standpoint.
Sports Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation is essential reading for any course in sports medicine and rehabilitation, strength and conditioning, sports science, and for any clinician, coach or high performance professional working to prevent or rehabilitate sports injuries.