By understanding the science behind the principles, you will incorporate physiology, biomechanics, nutrition, and injury prevention into your regimen to address your specific needs and the demands of competition. Specifically, you’ll learn these techniques
- Use weight training, plyometrics, and core development to accelerate skill development in all phases of swimming, running, and cycling.
- Apply metabolic training to improve endurance and race speed.
- Combine sport-specific skills, such as mounting and dismounting, with metabolic training to improve transition times between phases.
- Develop more efficient movement patterns for increased performance potential and reduced injury.
- Assess health and physical status to avoid overtraining.
Complete with sample programs for each triathlon distance, technique analysis, training- and race-specific fueling strategies, and tips for motivation, focus, and goal setting, Championship Triathlon Training will optimize your training and maximize your results.
- Chapter 1. Essential Training Elements and Guidelines
- Chapter 2. Training the Mind
- Chapter 3. Assessing and Improving Technique
- Chapter 4. Training for Strength and Muscular Balance
- Chapter 5. Complex Speed and Endurance Training
- Chapter 6. Race-Specific Training and Strategy
- Chapter 7. Creating a Long-Term Training Program
- Chapter 8. Race-Specific Training Programs
- Chapter 9. Health and Fueling for Optimal Performance