Pro Level In-Season training Macrocycle 2-B
Weeks 42-46 (or longer) of Macrocycle 2 for In-season training. This is a 2x a week workout. Do 5-10 minutes of a dynamic warm-up to start workout. Complete in supersets of 2-3 exercises with 30 seconds rest between exercises. Rest 1-2 minutes between circuits.
Squat Throw (full body)
1. Stand in quarter-squat position with trunk flexed forward and ball held between legs. Arms should be slightly bent.
2. Perform underhand toss as high as you can, using the legs to explode up.
Have partner catch ball on the bounce and return the ball. Athlete should catch ball after a bounce and repeat as prescribed.
Plyometric Depth Pushups
1. Start by placing feet on a bench and your hands on steps or blocks of your desired height.
2. Begin by getting into a push up position with your hands on the blocks.
3. Proceed into a pushup and when you push to extend your arms you should push hard enough to allow your hands to leave the blocks and land on the floor.
4. Once your hands have landed on the floor proceed into another pushup. Press up off the floor with enough force to have your hands leave the floor and land back on the blocks.
5. Repeat this cycle for the desired number of repetitions.
1. Adjust seat or knee pad height so that knees are secured while seated.
2. Grasp bar with underhand grip and sit with knees secured in pad.
3. Start position: Fully extend arms with elbows facing forward with back straight (you may lean back at hips approximately 5°-10°).
4. Pull bar down to upper chest area and squeeze shoulder blades together at end of movement.
5. Return to start position.
6. Remember to keep torso stationary throughout movement.
1) Sit in upright position on a ball.
2) Start position: Position DB’s to ear level with an overhand grip (palms facing forward).
3) Press hands up above head keeping wrists over the elbows and arms moving parallel to body at all times.
4) Return to start position.
5) Remember to keep back and head straight in a neutral position – hyperextension or excessive flexion may cause injury.
1. Step up on foot platform (if available) and position hands on dip bars.
2. Start position: Remove feet from platforms and suspend the body with slightly bent elbows. Lean forward slightly so that your elbows are slightly past the plane of your back and knees slightly bent.
3. Lower your body until your upper arm is parallel to the floor.
4. Return to starting position by extending the elbows to a slightly bent position.
5. Remember to keep the trunk bent forward, head neutral, and chest up.
Use a weighted belt for added resistance.
Preacher Machine Bicep Curls
1. Start by sitting in the machine and placing your arms on top of the pad.
2. Grab the handles with your palms facing up.
3. Curl the bar up towards your chest and then return to the starting position and repeat.
Walking Lunge with Barbell
1) Start position: Stand with feet hip width apart. Place barbell on your shoulders.
2) Step forward 2-3 feet forming a 90° bend at the front hip and knee. DO NOT allow front knee to extend past the big toe – may cause injury.
3) Push body up and move the back foot beside the front foot. Alternate feet and repeat.
4) Remember to keep head and back upright in a neutral position. Shoulders and hips should remain squared at all times.
5) Watch for proper knee alignment – do not let front knee extend past big toe or deviate laterally or medially. Back knee should not come in contact with floor.