Plyometric Workout 7
- Complete in straight sets with 1min rest in-between sets.
Lateral Stability Jumps
1. Stand with left shoulder facing box with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
2. Lower body into a semi-squat position and jump up onto box. Feet should land softly on box.
3. Step back down (not jump back down) and repeat according to prescribed reps.
Hop Scotch with Rings
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart with each foot in a ring.
2. Hop forward using both feet and land in first single ring.
3. Continue hopping and separate your feet to land in each foot in a ring.
4. Continue hopping until desired distance is met and repeat according to the prescribed number of repetitions.
Explosive Start Throws
Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart. Knees should be slightly bent.
Pick medicine ball up to chest level.
Quickly explode up and press the ball straight out as far and fast as you can.
As you press the ball forward explode with either leg so that you actually sprint forward a couple of steps.
1. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent, with arms at sides.
2. Jump up bringing knees up to chest.
3. Land on balls of feet and repeat immediately.
4. Remember to reduce ground contact time by landing soft on feet and springing into air.
Stand with feet parallel and knees slightly bent.
Pull medicine ball back behind head and forcefully throw ball down on the ground as hard as possible.
Catch the ball on the bounce from the ground and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
Squat Throw (full body)
1. Stand in quarter-squat position with trunk flexed forward and ball held between legs. Arms should be slightly bent.
2. Perform underhand toss as high as you can, using the legs to explode up.
Have partner catch ball on the bounce and return the ball. Athlete should catch ball after a bounce and repeat as prescribed.
1. Start by getting into a push-up position.
2. Lower yourself to the ground and then explosively push up so that your hands leave the ground.
3. Catch your fall with your hands and immediately lower yourself into a pushup again and repeat.
4. Repeat for the recommended repetitions.