Plyometric Workout 19
- Complete in straight sets with 1-2 min rest in-between sets.
Single Leg Bound to Box
1. Assume a stance with your feet parallel and shoulder width apart.
2. Explode up using one foot onto the box by pushing off the forward foot. Other leg should be driven up to help clear the box.
3. Land on opposite foot and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
Squat Throw from Chest
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart. Knees should be slightly bent.
2.Hold medicine ball at chest level and squat down to a parallel position.
3.Quickly explode up and jump as high as you can. As you start your jump you should start to shoulder press the ball up and reach full extensions with the arms when you are at the peak of your jump. Push ball as high as possible into the air. Try to minimize the time spent in the squatted position. It should be a real quick squat and jump.
Catch ball on the bounce and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
Single Leg Hop to Box (1 foot land)
1. Stand facing box with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
2. Lower body into a semi-squat position and jump up onto box using only 1 foot. Your foot should land softly on box.
3. Step back down (not jump back down) and repeat with other leg.
1. Start by getting into a push-up position.
2. Lower yourself to the ground and then explosively push up so that your hands leave the ground.
3. Catch your fall with your hands and immediately lower yourself into a pushup again and repeat.
4. Repeat for the recommended repetitions.
Leg Lateral Box Hop
1. Stand on left foot with the right side of body facing the box.
2. Jump to the right using just the one foot.
3. Land on top of the box and then jump back down to the starting position
4. Repeat according to the prescribed number of repetitions.
1. Stand with feet hip-width apart; place left foot approximately one foot in front of right foot.
2. Hold medicine ball with both hands and arms only slightly bent.
3. Swing ball over to the right hip and forcefully underhand toss ball forward to a partner or wall. Keep the stomach drawn in to maximize proper usage of muscle.
4. Catch ball on the bounce from your partner or wall and repeat according to prescribed repetitions.
Leg Lateral Line Hop
1. Stand with left foot directly beside a line.
2. Pushing off with the left foot, hop and land with left foot on the other side of the line.
3. Continue hopping back and forth till you hit the required repetitions. Repeat with other leg.
5. Remember to keep knees slightly bent.
Step Vertical Jump
1. Stand under the basketball rim, soccer goal crossbar, or football goal post (or any high object as a reference point).
2. Take one step then jump and reach with alternating hand attempting to reach the object on every jump until you complete the prescribed number of repetitions.
3. Remember to keep foot-ground contact time at a minimum, with each jump being at least as high as the previous.