High School Level Foundational training Macrocycle 2-B
- Weeks 7-12 of Macrocycle 2 for Foundational training.
- This is a Wednesday workout(chest, shoulders, triceps, forearms).
- Do 5-10 minutes of a dynamic warm-up to start workout.
- Complete in straight sets with 45 seconds rest between sets.
Barbell Incline Chest Press
1) Lie back onto incline bench (45° or less) with feet flat on floor.
2) Position hands on bar wider than shoulder width or lower the unloaded bar to upper chest (where collar bone and sternum joins) and position grip to where forearms are perpendicular to the floor.
3) Start position: Lift bar off rack with bar directly over head.
4) Lower bar to upper chest (where collarbone and sternum joins)
5) Press bar up to starting position.
Arm DB Chest Press on ball
1. Start by lying on your back on the ball. Holding a dumbell in one hand with your elbow out with both feet on the floor.
2. Contract your abdominals to maintain stability and once you are stabilized press the dumbell up above your chest.
3. Continue for the required number of repetitions and then repeat with opposite arm.
Barbell Upright Row
1) Stand with feet shoulder width apart
2) Start position: Grasp barbell with an overhand grip (palms down). Arms should hang down to front with elbows slightly bent.
3) Raise barbell by pulling elbows towards the ceiling and pull barbell to chest level.
4) Return to start position.
5) Remember to keep back and head straight in a neutral position – hyperextension or flexion may cause injury. Keep shoulders stabilized by squeezing shoulder blades together throughout movement.
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
1. Sit in upright position or stand with feet shoulder width apart and knees slightly bent.
2. Start position: Position DB’s to ear level with an overhand grip (palms facing forward).
3. Press hands up above head keeping wrists over the elbows and arms moving parallel to body at all times.
4. Return to start position.
5. Remember to keep back and head straight in a neutral position – hyperextension or excessive flexion may cause injury.
1. Step up on foot platform (if available) and position hands on dip bars.
2. Start position: Remove feet from platforms and suspend the body with slightly bent elbows. Lean forward slightly so that your elbows are slightly past the plane of your back and knees slightly bent.
3. Lower your body until your upper arm is parallel to the floor.
4. Return to starting position by extending the elbows to a slightly bent position.
5. Remember to keep the trunk bent forward, head neutral, and chest up.
1. Start by lying on a bench and holding a bar above your chest.
2. Keeping your elbows stationary bend your elbows so that the bar comes down to your forehead level.
3. Stop the bar just short of your forehead and then extend your arms to the extended position.
4. Repeat for the suggested repetitions.
Do 2 OR 3 sets of this exercise.
Seated Barbell Wrist Curl
1) Grasp BB. Sit in upright position and rest forearms on corresponding thighs with the palms facing up or rest forearms on a flat bench or training table.
2) Hands and wrists should be off the thighs or table (as shown).
3) Raise the weight by flexing at the wrist.
4) Lower the weight and repeat as prescribed.