Agility Workout 9
- Complete in straight sets with 30 seconds rest between sets.
Single Leg Hop to Box (2 foot land)
1. Stand facing box with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart.
2. Lower body into a semi-squat position and jump up onto box using only 1 foot. Land on the box with both feet.
3. Step back down (not jump back down) and repeat with other leg.
5 jumps with each leg
1. Stand with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart in center of hexagon or star.
2. Jump forward to front side of hexagon/star and then back to the center.
3. Continue to each side of the hexagon/star in a clockwise motion and until you reach the prescribed number of revolutions.
4. Jumps should be done on the balls of feet quickly yet controlled.
1 rep equals one complete circle around the hexagon.
Lateral Runs with Rings
1. Stand with feet wider than hip-width apart. Hands and arms should be in a ready position.
2. Shuffle to desired direction (left or right) using a feet together – feet apart motion for approximately 15-20 feet. Keep hips and shoulders squared throughout movement and place each foot into ring.
3. Repeat in opposite direction according to prescribed repetitions.
Complete two runs through rings per side per set.
1. Place cones in a row each 1 yard apart.
2. Step forward quickly and diagonally to the right of the first cone and then lead with the left foot to the left side of the second cone.
3. Repeat this back and forth for the desired distance.
1. Stand to the left of the box. Jump using left foot onto the box.
2. Raise body using the right foot only until leg is extended
3. Lower to start position with both feet back on the ground. Repeat with other leg according to exercise prescription.
Leg Lateral Box Hop
1. Stand on left foot with the right side of body facing the box.
2. Jump to the right using just the one foot.
3. Land on top of the box and then jump back down to the starting position
4. Repeat according to the prescribed number of repetitions.
180 degree bag jumps
1. Start by facing the first bag and jumping with both feet over the bag and rotate while you are in the air to land facing the opposite direction.
2. In a continuous motion jump back and up over the second bag and rotate your body to land facing the original direction.
3. Continue doing this for the suggested number of repetitions.
1. Start by placing cones 5 yards wide and 5 yards apart at a 45 degree angle.
2. Starting at the first cone sprint to the second cone and run around the outside of the second cone and cut towards the next cone.
3. Repeat this for the desired distance.
1. Start by attaching the belt around your waist.
2. Start running to fill the parachute with air.
3. Continue sprinting or running for the desired distance.
4. Repeat for the desired repetitions.