Complete 3 sets per exercise and 15-20 reps per set. complete 3x a week.
Stability Ball Crunch
1. Sit in upright position on flexaball with feet flat on floor.
2. Walk feet forward allowing flexaball to roll underneath body until it is positioned on lower to mid-back region. Raise hips slightly to create a “table top” position parallel to floor.
3. Place hands across your chest. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
4. Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise shoulders up.
5. Return to start position.
6. Remember to keep head and back in a neutral position. Hyperextension or flexion of either may cause injury.
1. Roll out onto ball in a supine position. The ball should be on your upper back.
2. Keeping your hips and body parallel to the floor (no sagging of the hips) rotate your shoulders to the right with your arms extended.
3. Remember to keep your trunk parallel with the floor.
Now rotate towards your left and repeat back and forth until the desired number of repetitions is met. The ball should pretty much stay in one place. Keep your body in a straight line and parallel with the floor. No sagging of the hips
Start Position: Lie on your back and place a stability ball under your calves and knees.
Let your legs fall to one side while maintaining contact with the ball.
Return to the starting position and repeat to the other side.
Back Extension on Ball
1) Lie face down on flexaball with knees and feet on floor.
2) Flexaball placement should be at abdominal to lower chest region.
3) With hands on chest, raise trunk 4-8 inches.
4) Lower to start position.
5) To increase intensity, position ball down towards hips, feet wide with knees off floor. Hands may be placed behind head and overhead to further increase resistance. To increase stability, place feet against wall or stationary object.
Crab Walk with Bar on Ball
Lie on your back on a stability ball.
Holding a bar overhead start walking in a circular motion around the ball. While completing this walk transfer the bar to one hand and bring out to the side.
Return to the starting position and repeat with the other side.