Abdominal Workout 8
- Complete in one circuit with minimal rest in between exercises.
- Rest 1 min between circuits.
Double Crunch with Med Ball
1. Lie back onto floor or bench with knees bent and hands behind head. Keep elbows back and out of sight. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
2. Start position: Place a medicine ball between your knees.
3. Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominals and raise shoulders off floor or bench. During the crunch, also bring knees towards chest.
4. Return to start position.
5. Remember to keep head and back in a neutral position. Hyperextension or flexion of either may cause injury.
Reverse Crunch with disc and bands
1) Start position: Lie with back on floor with hips flexed at 90° and feet in air. Place a balance disc under your hips and wrap a band around your feet. Secure the band to a fixed object.
2) Leading with the heels towards the ceiling, raise glutes (butt) off floor.
3) Return to start position.
4) Remember keep legs from swinging to prevent momentum throughout the exercise.
Oblique Crunch with toning bar
1) Lie with back on ball with knees bent.
2) Start position: Place toning bar across your chest.
3) Leading with the chin and right shoulder, contract abdominal muscles and raise right shoulder ball towards left knee.
4) Return to start position and repeat with other side.
Bentover Trunk Rotation
1) Stand with feet hip width and knees slightly bent.
2) Start position: Bend at hips with back straight. Hold toning bar on shoulders.
3) Rotate shoulders side to side by rotating your trunk.
4) Return to start position.
5) Remember to keep back and head straight – hyperextension or flexion may cause injury.